in an interview, the famous evolutionary biologist remarked that patience is necessary for science (manipulative paraphrase, that). paint me red and call me a scientist in training. patience and repitition are by no means my strong points!
The Pit of Success, and What a Data Science Language Would Need to Make It
-
Rico Mariani, a long-time performance engineer at Microsoft, coined the
idea of the pit of success. A system has a pit of success when the natural,
lazy ...
22 hours ago


Ouch. I admit that I did work throughout most of spring break (the proposal does not seem to want to write itself)...but I do have the semester off from teaching, which prevents me from lugging around red pens and folders full of mediocre work. I miss the interactions with students, but I do not miss the grading. It usually happens during my hangover mornings - I'm not sure that's a good thing for the students. Good luck.
ReplyDelete